Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I Have Survived My 2nd Surgery

I am now 5 days post/op. Surgery went well I guess. He removed bone from my right hip this time and also added OP-1 (Osteogenic Protein-1) aka (BMP-7). It is used to stimulate bone growth. I am still learning about what this is exactly. I was told 30 minutes before surgery that I would be getting this. I was a bit upset at that, because I like to research everything before hand. I had an epidural and PCA pump for a day and a half to help with the pain, but it just make me sick to my stomach. He biopsied a lump that was on the bottom of my foot and also removed a "suspicious" beauty mark, I haven't gotten the results on that but I am so sure it is nothing. I am doing much better with the nausea but for some reason the pain is much worse this time around. All I can do now is pray to God that this bone graft takes. My Dr said it will take 3-6 months to know exactly how well it is healing. I am just really looking forward to a happy summer spent on the beach with my beautiful family. I hate to be so sappy but I really love my family I don't think I would ever be able to survive all these surgeries without them. They help make my pain better, especially kisses from Julia!! I also need to mention how wonderful Hackensack Medical Center is. The hospital itself is just so clean and the Dr's and nurses from pre-op to recovery to my room were just so caring and comforting, it made a horrible experience a little bit better. So with all that being said our fingers are crossed, praying for this tumor to be gone and my bone to heal nicey nice!!!

1 comment:

cas said...

hi
i am 44 and from the uk and just about to have my 2nd surgery for giant cell tumour of the skull bones, i am not sure what the future holds but at the moment i am fit and well apart from deafness and tinnitus , scary tho they say its benigh but agressive, hope ur doing well and good luck
cas